The resources below may help you in your journey to develop peer mediation.
If you are new peer mediation, we encourage you seek support from a member organisation to ensure good practice and avoid common pitfalls.
Best Practice Guidelines
Peer mediation toolkit
The CRESST Peer Mediation Coordinator's Pack includes the handbook, and training manual. Further resources can be found on our website at www.cresst.org.uk.
This how-to guide will give you the skills, confidence and knowledge you need to set up and run a successful peer mediation scheme and achieve the changes your school needs.
CRESST's approach is based on over 14 years of experience and is informed by our mediation principles and values:
- Conflict resolution is voluntary - both being a mediator and going to mediation
- Mediators behave impartially
- Advice is never given
- The focus is on the problem, not the people
- Good listening is essential for a successful mediation
- The aim is to restore the relationship or friendship, the actions matter less
- Blame is always avoided
- The focus is on the future, not the past.
To purchase the Peer Mediation Coordinator's Pack, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org cost £50 plus £3.50 postage and packing.